- 53% startup founders feel ignored by governments and policymakers
- Founders say Australian policies compare unfavourably to Asia, the US and Europe
- 37% say capital raising is harder today than it was last year
- A quarter believe local regulations have impeded their growth
- 28% say the nation’s communications and privacy laws make it harder to start a business
A majority of Australian startup founders feel ignored by governments and policymakers, amid growing dissatisfaction with the regulatory framework they operate in, according to The State of Australian Tech 2020 report, released today.